Friday, November 27, 2009

35-36 weeks...

Well here I am at almost 36 weeks. Really don't ask me how I did it b/c I don't have a clue. I was pretty sure with my history of pre-term labor that the twins would be here by now. The Dr. was guessing by now as well b/c of my pre-eclampsia. So far (knock on wood) my BP has stayed in the 140's/90's which isn't great but it's not horrible either. I'll be doing another 24 hour protein test next week to see if my numbers have gone up at all.

At this point I've made it farther with the pregnancy then I did with Nevy's. I delivered Nevy at 35weeks 6days which is what I am today. So one more day and it will be a real goal for me to reach a full 36 weeks. I have to keep telling myself just one more week until FULL term (37 weeks) and just 2 weeks until my c-section date (12/14) which I really hope I don't see at this point b/c my poor uterus is dying with all this baby (about 12lbs of baby in me right now).

This weeks Dr.'s appt went great. I'm still at a 13lbs weight gain (yeah I know it's not much but I haven't gained the last 3 weeks since I no longer have room to eat). The twins did great on the non-stress test and I'm still 2cm dilated. After the exam I started to leak fluid and two days later (Thanksgiving) I was worried my water might have a leak. Yes I know it wasn't very good of me to wait 2 days before calling the Dr. but "Airhead" was on call Wed and I didn't want to see her. So after Thanksgiving dinner I gave my Dr. a call and we dropped into L&D for a fast "fluid swab" which came back neg. Dr.'s guess is it's still my mucus plug coming out but just thinning out a bit. So the babies are still baking and I'm still feeling like crap lol.

My next appt is Mon. and then Wed. If everything goes ok I'll have two more appts that next week and then my c-section (really hoping they come before then!). Don't get me wrong I'm so happy to have made it this far but a persons body can only take so much which is why the average for twins is 35-36 weeks. I have one more week until my final goal which seems like a lifetime away but I know we can do it. It's been a long long long long long....long pregnancy (well for me at least) and I just can't wait to hold my little girls. So wish us luck these last two weeks b/c no matter if they want to or not they WILL be out by Dec. 14th! :)

1 comment:

  1. You'll make it! I'll keep praying for you and the girls!... :-D

    ReplyDelete