Wednesday, November 4, 2009

32 weeks and PISSED!

Well before I get into the reason why I'm so mad. I'll give my usual twin update.....

The girls are both doing wonderful. I had a bedside ultrasound (which is just a small fast one in the room). So I don't have weights or anything like that. I'll have a regular level II ultrasound on the 16th (my last one). I got to see the twins breathing fluid and moving around. Baby B has flipped......SHE IS ALSO BREECH!! (uhhhh!) Yeah these two are making me nuts already lol. Now they are both breech. I just hope they go hand in hand and flip head down together in the next 2 weeks lol.

My cervix is still high and closed. Everything looks great and I should make it to 34 weeks without any trouble. Once we hit that mark the twins can come at any point. So just about 1.5 weeks to go. I have a few odds and ends we still need but all in all I have everything the twins need.

So the reason I am pissed off...

Northwestern has just passed an H1N1 policy at the hospital. No children under the age of 18 years old are allowed to visit. So that means Nevy can't see her sisters in the hospital even though she'll have her H1N1 shot by then! I'm just sooooo freaking pissed! I wanted her to be able to see the babies right away. Now I can't even see my Nevy for 3-4 days because she's not allowed in the hospital. This also means my sisters and brother can't see the twins or Jose's nieces or any one else really because all the kids in the family are teens or little. I know most people can't find baby sitters either. So I doubt anyone will really be able to come to the hospital now. I know this is for the twins and my protection but I hate that Nevy can't see them or me.

My Dr.'s office now has the same policy. So Nevy can no longer go to ultrasounds or appt.s with me. I understand how serious H1N1 is (I was first in line for my shot) but I think this is BS! Seasonal flu kills more people in a year and they never had this rule before! My hospital is actually the last one in our area to make this rule. Almost every hospital now has this rule in place. I think it's over reacting not to allow siblings to visit but I guess we don't have a choice.

Well I'm off to take care of my sick baby. Nevy has ANOTHER cold. I'm so sick of her getting sick! It seems like everyone likes to bring there sick kids around my baby. She has such a crappy immune system from being preterm and she gets colds so easy which I then get! I really think we are going to go "hermit" for the next few months. That way she wont bring anything home to the twins. I hate watching my baby suffer. It's just not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment