Monday, January 4, 2010

1 month down....a lifetime to go

Well the twins are a little over 1 month now. They are starting to act like normal newborns. They are awake more often and eating more. They are also going 5-6hrs at night which means... I AM FINALLY GETTING SLEEP AGAIN!!! lol


As for the reflux things are starting to go downhill. I talked to the Dr. last week and we began adding rice cereal to their formula to keep it down. It helps a little but not enough. So we have an appt next Monday and we plan to start Zantac for both of them. If it doesn't work we will be going onto the Prevacid. Even with the reflux the girls are gaining weight. They are taking about 20-25oz in 24hrs which is very good and of course still getting breastmilk on top of that.

Celi is getting better at breastfeeding but Ari seems to not care for it (she is sooo like Nevy lol). I'm still pumping so Ari can get breastmilk as well but the round the clock pumping is getting hard. I'm not sure I can do it much longer. Either way I will still keep breastfeeding as long as Celi is up for it. I'm hoping to get Reglan to increase my supply when I see my Dr. next week.

Nevy has adjusted to her sisters very well. She loves to hold them and kiss them all day. She really is a great sister. I'm so proud of her for not being jealous of the twins or being mean toward them because she is no longer the center of attention. She can be a brat lol dont get me wrong she is 2 after all but she is great when it comes to the twins.

I really feel sorry for Jose. He is going to need a permit to carry a gun when Nevy gets older. lol This little girl dances like a 25 year old professional Latin dancer at a club! She has Shakira hips and as cute as it is I cringe to think of all the little boys that will be after her lol. We caught her on tape at Jose's mothers house on New Years day dancing away and shaking her butt. It's so cute but scary at the same time lol.

Well thats all for now. I'll let everyone know what happens with all our appt.s next week. I doubt I have much to report for myself but I will be having the "How many more c-scetions" chat with the Dr. When I had Nevy I was told 4 would be ok but Dr. V. said I had some scar tissue and we would "talk about it at my 6 week check up". Yeah not something you want to hear after you just gave birth and your kids are in the NICU. My guess is she would say 1 more and thats it which I'm ok with but I don't think Jose will be since he wants a damn football team of kids lol but we will deal with it when we have all the info.

Ok I'm off to clean bottles, wash clothes and feed kids. Stay tuned for next week. :)


All 3 girls nice and clean after bathtime.

Photobucket

Celi & Ari on New Years

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment