Friday, December 18, 2009

3rd week home.

Well things seem to final be calming down around here. Jose went back to work yesterday and I was surprised at how well I did on my first day "alone". The twins pretty much sleep all the time but that is because they are preemies and don't have much energy. Nevy is slowly getting back to her old naptime/bedtime routine which allows me 1.5hrs of "me time".

Now "Jose time" doesn't exist at the moment lol because by the time he gets home from work (6-7pm) the twins are ready for their 8pm bottles and then I get everyone ready for bed and I'm sleeping by 9:30-10pm to be ready for the 4am feeding (Jose does the 11pm one). So I hardly see him right now which sucks but once things calm down at work and he gets days off again it will be easier.

The girls are going about 4.5-5hrs at night between feedings. Which is allowing me some sleep (yay!) but after that one stretch of time I HAVE to wake them every 3hrs to feed (preemies will sleep through feedings). Having 5hrs is better then nothing! lol They are now up to about 3oz bottles of either breastmilk or formula which is about 10-11oz in 24hrs. Exactly where they should be! My guess is they are a little over 6lbs now.

It also looks like they have the same milk/soy protein allergy Nevy did. Celi is showing signs of reflux as is Ari. We are dealing with the protein allergy first and hoping it helps before moving on to meds for the reflux. I was really hoping to avoid all this with the twins. It was HELL with Nevy. The only things I am thankful for is 1) I knew the signs and caught it right away. 2) I've dealt with it before I know the tricks to help ease their pain. 3) I know how to get them the treatment they need to feel better. It's VERY hard dealing with GERD babies but Nevy taught me alot and I'm hoping that knowledge will help the twins cause I'd hate to see them suffer as long as Nevy did.

Well now for some good news! Ari lost her cord last week so both girls got their first baths (12/12). They loved the water (yay more water rats! lol) but holy cow it was hard trying to get both of them done at the same time! Even with Jose helping! I gave them another one yesterday which was easier because I did them one at a time but it took me 45mins. I can't wait for them to be old enough and I can just toss all 3 stinky butts in the tub at once! lol

So to answer the question I've been asked a 1,000 times already......

YES! THE TWINS ARE FRATERNAL! :)

That means "not alike". Two embryos in = two seperate babies out. They are no more alike then me having 3 seperate pregnancy instead of just two. All the girls are their own person even though they came from the same batch of embryos.

Yes I do agree that the twins look alike but so does Nevy lol. Arianna & Nevy could have been twins as babies they look so alike but Araceli is my "special" baby lol because she is the ONLY white kid I have lol! Yep thats right I have one Mexican twin and one White twin. Thats how I know they are fraternal for sure. It's hard to tell in pics but Celi is way lighter then Ari. She also has a smaller head and is the only one with Jose's chin (Nevy & Ari have mine).

Well I'm off to wash bottles and change poop (oh joy!) Have a HAPPY HOILDAY if I don't post by X-mas and enjoy your family because I sure enjoy mine! :)



Arianna's bath
Photobucket


Araceli's bath
Photobucket


All clean! (Ari & Celi)
Photobucket

(Yes they get Paci's for the reflux. No I didn't want them to have them cause of what I went through with getting Nevy's away but I rather they have them then be in pain from reflux all the time. The swallowing motion keeps the acid down)

No comments:

Post a Comment