Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The 2nd week...

Well the Twins are a little over a week old now. They are both doing really well. Dr.'s appt on Monday put them both back up to birth weight with Ari being 5lbs 3.5oz (.5oz from birth weight) and Celi at 5lbs 3oz. They are eating about 2oz at each feeding which is still a little less then they need to be but Ari took an extra .5oz today. So I'm hoping they will be moving up to 3oz feedings soon. They are also going about 4hrs at night now. Which means we are getting a small amount of sleep again.

Celi lost her cord last night and it looks like Ari is not far behind. I gave them both a sponge bath today which they both hated lol. I can't wait to give them real baths...the little stinkers! I'm still pumping so the girls are getting a breastmilk/formula mix. It probably wont be until they are closer to their due date that they will be able to breastfeed well.

Nevy has been doing great with the girls. She loves them so much. She is still going through the "twos" and gives us a hard time about other things (like picking up her toys) but she has been so good with the babies. She loves to help and acts like a 2nd Mommy.

I can't believe a 1.5 weeks have gone by! Jose has to go back to work next week and I have NO IDEA how I am going do this alone! Right now we take shifts at night so we both get 5-6hrs of sleep and during the day we both feed them but once he goes back to work he wont be able to do the night feedings anymore. I'm hoping to get Nevy to start going to bed earlier so that way I can as well and Jose can do the last feeding (between 10:30pm-12am) and then I only have one night feeding (between 2:30am-4am). He would be gone for work before the AM feeding.

It's been hard these last 9 days with recovering from surgery, taking care of the twin, keeping things as normal for Nevy as possible and still finding time for myself to eat and shower but it is such a blessing to see these two perfectly healthy babies and know that everything I went through all the pain, problems and hormones was so worth it! To have 36 weeks twins that only spent 48hrs in the NICU and got to come home is such a blessing. Thank you all for sharing this journey with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment