Wednesday, August 12, 2009

20 week update!

So we had our 20 week anatomy ultrasound today. It was so great to see the twins again. It was "supposed" to be 1.5hrs but Baby A (my flipper) decided to show off and would not hold still for more then 5 sec. I could not believe how active the baby was. Baby B on the other had just sat there sucking it's fingers and not moving lol. I guess they are going to be exact opposites. I can see Baby A is hyper like Nevy. My ultrasound ended up taking almost 3hrs but it was so nice to just watch them move. They both have big feet like Nevy too!

So the official report is Baby A @ 11oz and Baby B @ 12oz. PERFECT for 20 weeks! They are both laying transverse (sideways) with both heads on my left side and facing each other....STILL! I guess Baby A needs a "little talk" about going head down so Mommy doesn't need another c-section. Baby A's placenta is against my back and Baby B's is against my tummy (which I knew and explains why I dont feel B as often). Since Baby A would not hold still the tech had a hard time seeing the heart chambers. So I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound just to double check. My OB appts are now bi-weekly as well. So I will see the Dr. and get an ultrasound on the 25th.

The Dr. said everything looks great with all of us. Babies weights and fluid level are fine. I will have my cervix checked at my next appt. So all in all the three of us are healthy and doing very well but of course with twins that can change day to day. My first goal is to make it to 24 weeks (which is the earliest for survival outside the womb) then to 30 weeks (less chance for development problems) then 35 weeks (less chance for NICU time) and my last goal which I pray very hard to make is 37 weeks (which is considered full term). I wont be allowed to go past 38 weeks (Dec. 14th) since your uterus gets way to big and can cause problems. The average for twins is 35-36 weeks. So as long as I can make it to Thanksgiving I'll be happy!

And now for my EXTRA ADDITION OF NEWS.....

Jose and I have talked and since there really isn't much of a surprise to it anymore we decided to tell everyone the sexs. We were both VERY VERY shocked. I think he is still adjusting to the news but I've come to terms with it and I am very happy. So without further waiting..........................................................................................................pause...........................
.................Ok I lied about the further waiting part lol..................................................

We are Having................................................................lol...............am I driving you nuts yet??..........


TWO VERY HEALTHY...................................................AND VERY CUTE.....................................


BABY GIRLS!!!

Yep Twin GIRLS!! God save Jose! Poor man has 4 women to live with now! Good thing the new house will have two bathrooms! hahahahahah! Plus side is we don't really have to buy anything now. Down side is I dont think they will EVER have NAMES!!! lol

20w3d Twin belly shot......hey and I've only gained 2lbs!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment