Monday, October 19, 2009

30 weeks! (Just 2 more goals!)

Today I had my last 2 week appt. So now I'll be updating eveyone with weekly appts. I'm now 30 weeks and the twins are doing great. They still measure the same as singletons. Baby A was 2lbs 13oz and Baby B was 3lbs 2oz. Since they are bigger and in weird positions it's getting harder to get exact weights but a 4oz difference is no biggie.

They are still breech and sideways. So we sat down and had the big "looks like your screwed" talk. Twins tend to flip all over up until birth but mine have stayed the same. Which means the odds of Baby A flipping head down are slim (still pray really really hard that she does!). So a c-section has been set. Hospital policy is it can't be set until 38 weeks. Ours has been set for Monday Dec. 14th (38 weeks 1 day). The odds of me making it to that date are about 5%. So most likely I'll have an "emergency" c-section when I go into labor if Baby A doesn't flip by then.

My cervix is still the same (woo hoo!) but with baby A being a footling breech I still can't go far from the hospital. I am also very lucky to have such a great Dr.'s office b/c they are the first office at Northwestern to be offering the H1N1 shots. They got them in wed. of last week and have already given them to 10% (about 300 women) in their office. Since I'm high risk I got mine today (yes I know my risks, yes I've done a TON of research and no I'm not "dumb" for getting one. It's serious people! Get your facts straight, weigh your risks and get a shot!) I'm hoping to get Nevy hers in the next 2 weeks but we will have to see when her office gets them in.

Well thats about it. No news is good news! Just 4 more weeks and I'll reach my 2nd to last goal! I'll be so happy to deliver after 34 weeks but I really hope to make it to 37 weeks. I can't believe time is flying by and these babies could be here at any time (not that I want them here this early. Bake chubby girls BAKE!). My next appt is 10/28 and I'll be back with more updates then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment