Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I passed!!

I'm in shock!


I just got a call from my high risk OB....


I PASSED my 3hr glucose test!


How this happened I have no idea!!


I failed really bad with Nevy. So bad my endo checked after my pregnancy to make sure I didn't have type 2 diabetes. I was diet controlled the whole pregnancy but right when I delivered at 35w5d my levels had gone up enough that I would have needed insulin if I didn't deliver in the next few days.

He was about 100% sure I would need insulin this time since logic says two placentas = two times the insulin resistance. We figured I would start the gestational diabetes (GD) diet early (I did at 12 weeks) and hope it would keep my levels down until about 30 weeks. He didn't think I could make it pass 30 weeks without insulin.

I skipped the 1hr test this time b/c I had failed so bad with Nevy I knew I would end up with the 3hr test. Guess I was wrong! My levels were awesome!!


Fasting- 85 (cut off is 100)
1hr- 153 (cut off 180)
2hr- 157 (cut off 160)
3hr- 126 (cut off 140)


I am very shocked my 1hr was so good. With Nevy it was 200. I guess those 40lbs I lost before getting pregnant paid off! I will keep following the GD diet just to make sure I dont develope it later in the pregnancy but I'm so happy I can keep eating small amounts of sugar lol!


So I guess the old saying of once a GD pregnancy always one doesn't apply to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment